BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
I am trying to assign libname with danish character, but I have invalid SAS name. So I added options locale=danish, but it still didn't work.

libname abc_VØ "C:\VO";

any suggestions please?
7 REPLIES 7
scyth
Calcite | Level 5
Don't?
deleted_user
Not applicable
Thanks 🙂 I guess that's one option.

I have checked my system options, locale has already been set to da_DK. So I am surprised that program takes filename with special character Ø, but not libref.

Is there anyway to overcome this?

Thanks again
Patrick
Opal | Level 21
I'm also not a native English speaker.
But why do you want to make your life harder than necessary. Aren't there already enough real challenges for everybody not being EN-US?
deleted_user
Not applicable
I am not trying to make life harder. I am only trying to resolve a language related issue since I am working for a danish company. Any other help will be much appreciated. Thanks.
Peter_C
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
Keep memname simple and put special characters among a meaningful name into the memLabel. That "travels" with the data set so is available for selection and reporting
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
I am afraid that you are out of luck. The LIBNAME has a restricted set of characters to enable it to work on all platforms that SAS supports, including Z/OS. They still require 8 character LIBNAMEs (dd names) in JCL (just letters and numbers, starting with a letter).
deleted_user
Not applicable
Thank you for all you help. I guess I can use foreign characters in variables, statements but not librefs or filerefs.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation