BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SASPhile
Quartz | Level 8
The following %let statement goes through iterations.How to convert the macro variables to numeric?

%LET VGROUP&I = "&&GROUP&I";
2 REPLIES 2
Reeza
Super User
Macro variables are always stored as characters.

If you want it resolved to numeric you can apply a format where you would resolve the variable, using sysfunc and inputn functions.

See
http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/mcrolref/61885/HTML/default/viewer.htm#z3514sysfunc.htm

HTH
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
And, as an additional comment, it is hardly ever a good idea to "prequote" macro variables in a %LET statement. In the code snippet that you showed, the macro variable would contain the resolved value of &&GROUP&I, including the quotes. This may or may not be appropriate and could cause quoting problems depending on your usage of &VGROUP1, &VGROUP2, etc.

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation