BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
silvergrenade
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

I have a test population of 928 customers and I have their spends. I also have a control population with 86k customers. 

I want to make both these populations similar according to its spend.

How do I go about this?
Your help would be greatly apprecaited.

Thanks..

2 REPLIES 2
PGStats
Opal | Level 21

Random sampling is supposed to take care of that. How was your test sample selected? What do you want to match specifically: the mean spending, the variance, the whole statistical distribution?

PG
silvergrenade
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

My sample was selected based on a calling campaign. If they were pitched its a test population. The control is anybody not pitched the campaign. The problem with the control is that they might be pitched another campaign as it is quite different from the test population as compared in the average spend. 

So, the aim is to make the control similar to the test population.

Ideally, we also have industry to which they were pitched the idea to. We also have individual spends of these ppl in that industry. 

So, coming to your question..How do I want to make them similar: Possibly the spend overall, as well as industry spend.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation