BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
LB
Quartz | Level 8 LB
Quartz | Level 8

Hello all; 

So I am trying to insert data into a MS Access database that has a calculated field (field1/field3) in it- 

but I am not sure from the SAS component how to structure the data per se for upload

i.e. as a binary, it can be 0 as fieldx or 1 as fieldx 

but this field is calculated by two others that I would like Access to do the calculations for me.

Also not all observations have values. 

I can always delete the field and upload the data myself but as it requires an update query I am trying to work around it not to require additional processing time where Access can do the work already.  

Thanks

Lawrence

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Calculated fields fits best in views. And then you should be able to update the underlying table.

Data never sleeps

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Calculated fields fits best in views. And then you should be able to update the underlying table.

Data never sleeps
LB
Quartz | Level 8 LB
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks! 

Lawrence 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation