BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Jane7476
Calcite | Level 5

Hi All,

I finally wrote a piece of macro that runs regressions for all variables and data sets in a library and produces ODS.

My problem is how can i use %include or something similar to call the macro with user specified conditions:

1. The user doesn't need to see the whole code

I beleive this can be done by saying %include 'path' (where path contains the name of the sas file which has the macro reg_adm);

But

2. I also want the user to specify some parameters like Data set names etc. which I have include in %let statements within the macro reg_adm

Struggling on the last leg of the macro

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
user24feb
Barite | Level 11

I have never tried this, but in principle it is possible to do something similar in SAS Base - but uglier 🙂 - like with the EG:

39007 - How to create a simple prompt for user input

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

You should look either at

- an Enterprise Guide project with SAS code (you can dor the %inc there) and user prompts

- a stored process with required parameters. A simple web form is all that is required to call the stored process via /SASStoredProcess on the web application server

user24feb
Barite | Level 11

If I understood you correctly; 1) include any SAS-code including macros:

Filename MyFile "C:\Users\Username\Desktop\Test.sas";

%Include MyFile;

2) If you would like to user-friendly replace %let-statements, you might be looking for prompts in the enterprise guide (if you#re using one); right-klick on the code in the EG, then "properties", then "prompts".

Jane7476
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Yes you understood correctly that I have used %let statements within the code. I want the user to be able to specify the %let when they run the %include statement

My problem is that my SAS EG is a server based installation and all users don't have a server. They have SAS Base locally installed. Is there a way that I can change the prompt property in SAS base also? (similar to the right click option you have suggested in SAS EG)

Thanks

user24feb
Barite | Level 11

I have never tried this, but in principle it is possible to do something similar in SAS Base - but uglier 🙂 - like with the EG:

39007 - How to create a simple prompt for user input

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation