BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
tejeshwar
Calcite | Level 5
I have 4 sas codes that I want to run simultaneously and not "sequentially" through SAS.If I use %include in a session, it would run these 4 codes one after the other.

Is there a way with %include that we would be able to run all these 4 codes simultaneously?
Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Olivier
Pyrite | Level 9
If you have licence for SAS/CONNECT, you can run 4 jobs simultaneously using the MP-connect facility.
See http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/connref/59593/HTML/default/a001249955.htm for details.

Regards.
Olivier
tejeshwar
Calcite | Level 5
Thanks for Replying,

I have licence to "SAS/CONNECT", i tried the below but still getting an error.

option autosignon=yes;
option sascmd="!sascmd";

rsubmit process=task1 wait=no;

Some code.........

endrsubmit;

rsubmit process=task2 wait=no;

Some Code.....

endrsubmit;

Below is the error I am getting in the log

ERROR: A communication subsystem partner link setup request failure has occurred.
ERROR: SAS did not start properly. Please insure that your sascmd value does not attempt to run SAS
in the background.
ERROR: Remote submit to TASK1 cancelled.

ERROR: A communication subsystem partner link setup request failure has occurred.
ERROR: SAS did not start properly. Please insure that your sascmd value does not attempt to run SAS
in the background.
ERROR: Remote submit to TASK2 cancelled.
Olivier
Pyrite | Level 9
Hello.
You will find a SAS Note about this error and the way to correct it.
http://support.sas.com/kb/11/892.html

Regards.
Olivier
tejeshwar
Calcite | Level 5
Thanks Olivier,

I have a fair bit of idea now, however the solution suggested online on the above link doesnt gives a step-by-step information, planning to raise a ticket online with SAS.

Thanks for replying:)

Tejeshwar

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation