BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
don21
Quartz | Level 8

Hi, How o import RPT files (single or multiple) in to SAS..? I am doing this for the first time kindly advise. 

6 REPLIES 6
don21
Quartz | Level 8

Hi KurtBremser,

am afraid, the file has data, when I tried to open it and remove the confidential info, only I can see are garbage symbols.. I dont understand at all. 🙂

Many Thanks..

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

I guess it's time you start educating people what a TEXT is.

(had to censor myself, because in place of "people" was a string of words you're not supposed to use in the presence of decent ladies and gentlemen)

If it ain't readable with the Windows editor, it's not a text.

don21
Quartz | Level 8

@Kurt_Bremser I was thinking that the symbols are due to the extension, thought may be we just cannot open the file using windows default (word or pdf or blah blah..). If you have done this before like (improting the RPT in sas) kindly guide me, 

You were there in my previous post, regarding excel file formats.. Based on the suggestions, I requested for inputs in other formats like text or CSV, instead I got RPT files..hahha, days could not more frustrated than this.. 🙂

Any suggestions are welcome!

Thank you

ballardw
Super User

RPT is not a "standard" file type. I suggest going to the source and asking which program generated it and ask for the data in a plain text format such as CSV as I agree with @Kurt_Bremser that the file sounds like it may not be a simple text file.

Reeza
Super User

RPT files are from Crystal Reports and are not an open file format. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation