BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sasq
Calcite | Level 5

I have various values for different variables in mutiple rows and columns showing 0/2 or 0/3 or 0/4 and so on ..

I have a total of 7 columns depicting treatmentand they have values like "0/some numeral"

I was to assign these values a "0" value. Can anyone please tell me how do i do this?

I can try to use index but for multiple row and multiple column it is not reading.

5 REPLIES 5
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Test if the first position is a 0 then assign it to 0.
You can use an array to reuse that code.
Data never sleeps
sasq
Calcite | Level 5

Thankx for the responce. It is not the first position.  i have 200 rows and 7 columns and these values come randomly as 0/some numeral.. So i do not know how to assign them in such scenario.

ballardw
Super User

Show some example data and the desired result.

sasq
Calcite | Level 5

Thankx for reaching out.

The data looks like

trta_1 trta_2 trta_3 ,trtb_1 trtb_2  trtb_3 wher trta and trtb are different drugs

trta_1 and trta _2 are two different time points of the same drug.

trta_3 will be the sum of same drug at the different  time point.

trta_1 trta_2 trta_3    trtb_1 trtb_2  trtb_3

1/5     0/5       1/5        7/5      0/5     7/5

Astounding
PROC Star

Well, you don't tell us the names of the variables, so I will call them COL1 through COL7.

This is the way you would correct a single variable:

if col1 =: '0/' then co1='0';

This assumes that '0/' would appear at the beginning of the variable's value.  If that's not the case, it can be done but becomes more complex.

To apply the same logic to all 7 variables, you would use an array:

array cols {7} col1-col7;

do _n_=1 to 7;

if cols{_n_} =: '0/' then cols{_n_} = '0';

end;

Good luck.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation