DATA Step, Macro, Functions and more

i have 3 outputs and want to export them into single excel with different sheets

Accepted Solution Solved
Regular Contributor
Accepted Solution

i have 3 outputs and want to export them into single excel with different sheets

i have 3 outputs and want to export them into single excel with different sheets. 

Can any one help me easiest way to do then manually doing

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎11-23-2016 08:14 AM
SAS Super FREQ

Re: i have 3 outputs and want to export them into single excel with different sheets

Hi, depending on what your outputs are (reports, datasets, etc) you have some choices:
1) LIBNAME engine
2) PROC EXPORT
3) ODS TAGSETS.EXCELXP
4) ODS EXCEL (with SAS 9.4)

With #1 and #2, you would be doing "data-to-data" export and so would not have any ability to change the colors, fonts, use titles, etc. With #3 and #4 method, you would be sending procedure output to each sheet and have the ability to control colors, fonts, sheet_names, titles, etc. There are plenty of examples of all these methods in previous forum postings.

cynthia

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎11-23-2016 08:14 AM
SAS Super FREQ

Re: i have 3 outputs and want to export them into single excel with different sheets

Hi, depending on what your outputs are (reports, datasets, etc) you have some choices:
1) LIBNAME engine
2) PROC EXPORT
3) ODS TAGSETS.EXCELXP
4) ODS EXCEL (with SAS 9.4)

With #1 and #2, you would be doing "data-to-data" export and so would not have any ability to change the colors, fonts, use titles, etc. With #3 and #4 method, you would be sending procedure output to each sheet and have the ability to control colors, fonts, sheet_names, titles, etc. There are plenty of examples of all these methods in previous forum postings.

cynthia
☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation