BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
pingsu
Calcite | Level 5

I tried the SAS program using in SAS studio through SAS on demand.

rsubmit;
ancova.sas rlink'/home/ANCOVA.sas';
   proc download infile=rhost outfile=lhost;
   run;
endrsubmit;

But the result is error. How can I fix it?

4 REPLIES 4
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
This is a question for Tech Support. I am not sure you can use RSUBMIT/ENDRSUBMIT using SAS Studio, because it will depend on what other SAS components you have installed on your server.

There is a batch submit procedure for SAS Studio: http://support.sas.com/software/products/sasstudio/ but it is different than RSUBMIT.

To use RSUBMIT, you need SAS CONNECT configured http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/connref/67933/HTML/default/viewer.htm#p1eyablk3vvdlkn1h5... and if you do not have that on the server, then your RSUBMIT can't work.

cynthia
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Lot's of errors in the syntax I guess.

There are plenty of examples in the SAS/CONNECT documentation.

One hint: you probably want to assign rlink using the FILENAME statement. And that prior to the RSUBMIT (and the also missing SIGNON).

Data never sleeps
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Unless I'm mistaken your program suggests that you are trying to CONNECT to a third-party SAS server from SAS on Demand. As @Cynthia_sas has already mentioned, I doubt this would be allowed as for starters it would create all sorts of security implications.

One check you can do is confirm if SAS/CONNECT is licensed or not. Run proc setinit; run;

You can only use SAS/CONNECT if it is listed in the log as licensed.  

Reeza
Super User

I don't think that method will works with Academics On Demand.

You can open the .sas file and then copy and paste the code into the browser and execute the code.

You could also upload the file to your workspace (manually) by clicking file upload and then open it there and run it as well. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation