DATA Step, Macro, Functions and more

how to upgrade from 9.4's ts1m0 to ts1m3?

Frequent Contributor

how to upgrade from 9.4's ts1m0 to ts1m3?

hi, i have 9.4 ts1m0 from my machine. is there anyway to upgrade my sas to ts1m3? i m thinking of switching to windows 10.

also, sas says ts1m0 doesnt support windows 10. does it mean it wont work at all?

thank you

Super User

Re: how to upgrade from 9.4's ts1m0 to ts1m3?

There really isn't an upgrade, more of a reinstall.
Super User

There have been reports that SAS users who upgrade to Windows 10 from an earlier version on which SAS is installed, SAS still works. However this is not an officially supported approach.

You could try this but if you run into problems you will likely be told to install 9.4M3. Also when it comes time to apply a new SAS licence it is unlikely to work.

Getting M3 is as easy as contacting your SAS account manager or requesting it online:

http://support.sas.com/software/maintenance/index.html

Frequent Contributor

Hey saskiwi, thank you so much. I will have to contact the account manager on Monday. I really hope it works.

Many thx,
aaron
Super User

I would not migrate to Windows 10 in a production environment at the moment. It's much too young for that.

Keep in mind that it usually takes the equivalent of two major service packs until a Windows version becomes stable and usable.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation