BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
aarony
Obsidian | Level 7

hi, i have 9.4 ts1m0 from my machine. is there anyway to upgrade my sas to ts1m3? i m thinking of switching to windows 10.

also, sas says ts1m0 doesnt support windows 10. does it mean it wont work at all?

thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Reeza
Super User
There really isn't an upgrade, more of a reinstall.
SASKiwi
PROC Star

There have been reports that SAS users who upgrade to Windows 10 from an earlier version on which SAS is installed, SAS still works. However this is not an officially supported approach.

You could try this but if you run into problems you will likely be told to install 9.4M3. Also when it comes time to apply a new SAS licence it is unlikely to work.

Getting M3 is as easy as contacting your SAS account manager or requesting it online:

http://support.sas.com/software/maintenance/index.html

aarony
Obsidian | Level 7
Hey saskiwi, thank you so much. I will have to contact the account manager on Monday. I really hope it works.

Many thx,
aaron
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

I would not migrate to Windows 10 in a production environment at the moment. It's much too young for that.

Keep in mind that it usually takes the equivalent of two major service packs until a Windows version becomes stable and usable.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation