BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi,

I have quite a big table with lots of fields. Wanted to filter the records looking for a error condition.

Condition is there are member id's and ssn, one member can have only one ssn and the reverse is ony one ssn must be present for one member.

But the table I have contains a same SSN for multiple member id's and multiple member ssn for same same member id's.

There many records for same member and couple of records are like this.

I dont get to know how to filter these members.

Would appreciate you guys give a solution for this.

Thanks,
2 REPLIES 2
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Suggest sorting your file and then using a DATA step, investigate using BY GROUP PROCESSING (see Google search below - you will be using FIRST. and/or LAST. in your code) to detect and DELETE (or OUTPUT to another separate SAS file) your "exception condition" observations. Or you may be able to use SAS PROC SORT with NODUPKEY to remove duplicates and/or again with PROC SORT use the DUPOUT= parameter to save off your duplicates (based on the BY statement variable list).

First off, I would recommend you address each of the statement requirements individually as a task and then work to integrate/combine the tasks so that your final output file(s) address the data manipulation objective.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.

Suggested Google advanced search argument, this topic / post:

data step by group processing site:sas.com Message was edited by: sbb
SPR
Quartz | Level 8 SPR
Quartz | Level 8
Hello Activa,

This is a possible solution:
[pre]
data i;
id=1; ssn=100; output;
id=1; ssn= 90; output;
id=1; ssn= 80; output;
id=2; ssn=200; output;
id=3; ssn=200; output;
id=4; ssn=400; output;
run;
proc sort data=i out=s;
by ID;
run;
data BadID;
set s;
if NOT (First.ID=1 and Last.ID=1);
by ID;
run;
proc sort data=i out=s;
by SSN;
run;
data BadSSN;
set s;
if NOT (First.SSN=1 and Last.SSN=1);
by SSN;
run;
[/pre]
Sincerely,
SPR

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation