BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
klam99
Calcite | Level 5

New to SAS and a grad student.  I am using Toolwire to access base sas 9.4.  I am trying to install libname orion but getting" note: Orion does not exist".  Pleas ehelp-Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Reeza
Super User

Orion is a libname that's usually set up for training. If you're taking a course you'll find the instructions at the beginning to create the library with the data sets. The first e-course is free and I think it has the orion library. 

@klam99 wrote:

New to SAS and a grad student.  I am using Toolwire to access base sas 9.4.  I am trying to install libname orion but getting" note: Orion does not exist".  Pleas ehelp-Thanks

PeterClemmensen
Tourmaline | Level 20

The SAS Programming 1 course is provided for free by SAS Institute and provides sample data that you store in the Orion library.

One of the first things that happen is that the course takes you through how to reference the Orion library

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
As @PeterClemmensen mentions, Programming 1 and Statistics 1 (and our other e-learning classes) will typically have a Course Overview and Data Setup lesson that explains how you have to run a program to make the data for Programming 1.

Orion is the name of the library. There are usually 2 tasks in the instructions, Task 1, where you issue your LIBNAME statement for your system and Task 2, where you copy the program that is INSIDE the course and then run the program. You have to do ALL the steps in Task 1 and ALL the steps in Task 2 to make the data needed for class.

I am not familiar with Toolwire. The instructions inside Programming 1 explain how to make the data using different interfaces: Base SAS For Windows; SAS Enterprise Guide; SAS University Edition; SAS OnDemand for Academics.

Assuming you have a location with write access when you use Toolwire, and you know the path name to that location, you should be able to make a LIBNAME statement and run the program successfully.

cynthia
klam99
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you for all answers.  Very helpful!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation