BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Akaran
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I have a sas job which is running daily basis and export sas dataset into Excel file through proc export with replace option .

I need after generating excel file through proc export it should only open in read only mode.

Thanks 

Karan 

4 REPLIES 4
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

I don't believe there is currently an automated method of making an Excel file protected.  I suppose the question is why do you need to make it read only?  

Akaran
Calcite | Level 5

Hi, 

we are exporting SAS datasets on daily basis which are directly used by sales team , we want to send them read only .xlsx file so that they will unable to manipulate it and read it only for sales analysis input data.

Thanks 

Alok Karan

RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

I would really suggest you look into a file format which is a good method of data transfer.  CSV is the simplest, most portable file format - it doesn't have the limitations of Excel such as max row length.  Excel is pretty limited in a lot of ways.  Assuming that the "sales team" are just importing this data (into what?), they can open CSV files in Excel - note has to abide by Excel limitations then, or can import the data into databases or other software pretty easily.

art297
Opal | Level 21

If you're on a Windows-based system, here is one way: https://communities.sas.com/t5/ODS-and-Base-Reporting/Can-you-protect-a-Excel-worksheet-from-within-...

Art, CEO, AnalystFinder.com

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation