BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
I have issue to run winZip to zip files by using rsubmit. Local run for winzip works. But it didn't work for rsumbit.

options comamid=tcp;
%let r_server = xxxxx 7551;
options remote= r_server;
signon r_server;
rsubmit;
Options noxwait noxsync;
filename foo pipe '"C:\Program Files\WinZip\WINZIP32.EXE" -a \\somepath\test.zip \\somepath\test.txt ';
data _null_;
infile foo; input;
put _infile_;
run;
endrsubmit;

No zip file generated.

Could you kindly help to solve this problem?

Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
Patrick
Opal | Level 21
Is Winzip on the server under the path C:\Program Files\WinZip\WINZIP32.EXE?
I assume that's the problem here.
Regards
Patrick
deleted_user
Not applicable
yes,

The path is correct.

I also checked the program list in remote server. The winzip32.exe was launched. But no zip file generated and the winzip32.exe ran forever....

Did you know what is the issue?

Thanks.
Patrick
Opal | Level 21
Hi Liwe

Running your code on my local machine I encountered the following:
1. I got a prompt from WinZip requesting me to do something (click buttons)
2. I got an error if the zip directory didn't exist already.

I assume that WinZip on your server is also waiting for some user input (only you don't see the prompt...) - and then of course it's waiting and waiting and...

Have a look at the following paper: http://www.lexjansen.com/phuse/2006/cc/cc01.pdf
There is also a link in it with two macros for zipping and unzipping.

What's important: You need for command-line mode two add-ons from WinZip: WZZIP and WZUNZIP. They can be downloaded for free.
In your code you must then call WZZIP instead of WinZip - but that's all explained in the paper under the link I've sent you.

HTH
Patrick

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation