BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
11 REPLIES 11
NJGIRL
Obsidian | Level 7
Thank you!!

SO...any idea how to UNbold a column heading? Proc Report is automatically bolding all the headings, and , just my luck,
I need 1 heading not bold.
Jill1
DrAbhijeetSafai
Pyrite | Level 9

Same issue I am facing. I have several reports in one PDF. In these, I wanted to bold only the spanning text. So I used style option only once. That has bolded spanning text as well as headers (all the columns for all the reports). Now the issue was that I wanted to bold spanning text but not the other text in the headers (that is individual names of the columns). I am trying to unbold now but since long time I am not able to unbold it. 

In short, I bolded headers once and when I am trying to unbold it, I am not able to do it. I request to kindly help me about it. Thanks in advance.

- Dr. Abhijeet Safai

Dr. Abhijeet Safai
Associate Data Analyst
Actu-Real
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

Column headers are usually bold by default in ODS PDF and using PROC REPORT, PROC PRINT, PROC TABULATE or most SAS procedures. That's in the style definition for Header style elements to be bold for the fontweight attribute. Here are several ways you can accomplish "unbolding":

Cynthia_sas_0-1668184937128.png

Hope this helps,

Cynthia

DrAbhijeetSafai
Pyrite | Level 9

Dear Madam,

Greetings!

Thanks a lot for the accurate information that the default behavior of header is bold in PDF. Also, the ways shown to change this behavior is very helpful.

Thanking you,

Yours sincerely,

- Dr. Abhijeet Safai 

Dr. Abhijeet Safai
Associate Data Analyst
Actu-Real
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26
define abc / "Coulmn header" style(header)={font_weight=bold};

Please refer to the guidance you will find under the Post a question, or in the box that pops up.  The quality of answers relies on the quality of questions, and barely a few words in a title is not sufficient,

NJGIRL
Obsidian | Level 7
okay, so it gets better:

I was asked to 'unbold' one of the column headings ?? Can you help me with this?

It seems that proc report is automatically bolding all of the column headings

THANKS, Jill1

RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Put a define in for each of columns and set the attributes on each define for each column, or put a style statement in the proc report statement for (header) and set font_weight to normal, then define the style for the variable you want.  Or change your template to turn this off.

DrAbhijeetSafai
Pyrite | Level 9
I have several reports in one PDF. In these, I wanted to bold only the spanning text. So I used style option only once. That has bolded spanning text as well as headers (all the columns for all the reports). Now the issue was that I wanted to bold spanning text but not the other text in the headers (that is individual names of the columns). I am trying to unbold now but since long time I am not able to unbold it.

In short, I bolded headers once and when I am trying to unbold it, I am not able to do it. I request to kindly help me about it. Thanks in advance.

- Dr. Abhijeet Safai
Dr. Abhijeet Safai
Associate Data Analyst
Actu-Real
ballardw
Super User

When asking a related question is considered best practice on this forum to start your own thread and then reference the other(s) by pasting a link. For one thing the creator of a thread has some options that contributors don't, such as marking a response as an accepted answer.

Second, posting code of exactly what you submitted, or a reduced version that has the same behavior means that we do not have to ask questions about basic things like "where in the code did you place the options controlling spanning text?". Best practice is to provide a small data set or use code with one of the SAS supplied datasets like SASHELP.CLASS so we can execute your code. Paste data step and procedure code into a text or code box opened on the forum with either the </> or "running man" icons that appear above the main message windows.

DrAbhijeetSafai
Pyrite | Level 9

Dear Sir / Madam,

Greetings!

I will follow this guidance. I tried to create a new thread once, but somehow found it difficult. But I will search the ways to do it and will create new threads. 

Thanking you,

Yours sincerely,

- Dr. Abhijeet Safai

Dr. Abhijeet Safai
Associate Data Analyst
Actu-Real

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 6 in conversation