I have a question about the &SYSDATE macro variable. I have noticed it is set to the date that the sas session started and will not update until I disconnect and reconnect. Is there anyway to force an update on the variable without disconnecting? or is there another variable that is set the exact date at the point of the variable is invoked?
1) %let today = %sysfunc(today()) ;
2) just use "today()" in data step and proc sql code directly
3) %let datetime = %sysfunc(datetime()) ;
4) just use "datetime()" in data step and proc sql code directly
5) %let time = %sysfunc(time()) ;
6) just use "time()" in data step and proc sql code directly