DATA Step, Macro, Functions and more

fail to connect to server

Contributor

fail to connect to server

I used this code to connect and import from a microsoft access file.  Had been doing this for years without problem.  Just installed SAS on a new windows (running windows on a mac using parallels) and got this message.  Much appreciate any help to resolve this

PROC IMPORT DBMS=accesscs Out=work.history1 REPLACE

TABLE= "tbldemoandmedhistory";

DATABASE= "\\.psf\Home\Dropbox (Partners HealthCare)\BWH Cardiac MR\Grants Application\PIZ\data_analysis\Results\Access Database\Final Release of db063009 - BH June 24 2014.mdb";

RUN;

Screen Shot 2017-07-18 at 5.27.55 AM.png

Re: fail to connect to server

Some questions to get things started and help narrow down the cause:

• Forgetting SAS for a moment, can your new "Windows on a MAC" access the network path to the MS-Access file?
  • What version of SAS did you install, and what did you have previously (including version and 32/64-bit)?
  • What version of MS-Office did you install, and what did you have previously (including version and 32/64-bit)?
PROC Star

As @AndrewHowell said, can you see folder 

\\.psf\Home\Dropbox (Partners HealthCare)\BWH Cardiac MR\Grants Application\PIZ\data_analysis\Results\Access Database 

from your windows explorer?

Super User

Looks to me as if the leading dot in your hostname causes confusion in some part of the chain that resolves the UNC.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
Contributor

Posted in reply to KurtBremser

thanks everyone very much

It turns out I need to install PC file server and the problem resolved

many thansk 

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation