BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Deepankar
Calcite | Level 5

I am working on SAS 9.4 and it is on Unix server now when I want to export a SAS dataset in CSV on my local machine, I get an error.

I know it is because I am trying to transfer it fromUnix... but do we have an alternative to transfer it to window(by code not by file export option)

code:

proc export data=ABC dbms=csv

outfile="\\homedrivestmp\homedisk1\emar646\Desktop\Forecast\New folder\NEW_ENROLLMENT.csv"

replace;

run;

error: 

ERROR: Insufficient authorization to access /sas/common/config/Lev1/SASApp/\\homedrivestmp\homedisk1\emar646\Desktop\Forecast\New
folder\NEW_ENROLLMENT.csv.

I also tried 

%ds2csv (data=abc, runmode=b, csvfile=\\homedrivestmp\homedisk1\emar646\Desktop\Forecast\New folder\retail.csv);

its not working and just opening the sas dateset and not transferring anything

5 REPLIES 5
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

You are using the wrong (Windows-style) pathname on UNIX. Ask your UNIX admins how to access the share from the SAS server.

Hint: UNIX uses the forward slash as a separator of directories.

Deepankar
Calcite | Level 5

well, the error is, its not able to access the window location. people from here says, its not possible.

Deepankar
Calcite | Level 5

client wont buy a new software, we are limited to these resources only.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

WinSCP is free as in beer (and free as in speech).

If your customer wants automated transfer, they have to provide a means for that. Either a shared resource or some kind of ssh-based file transfer.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation