BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
PazM
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I seem to have a problem when i output to an Excel file from SAS 9.4. The export works fine and pastes the data into the tab i chose, however some of the data in other tabs move around to other cells. E.G Headings in column A tab 2 are arranged differently on a sheet which has no output assigned to it.

Not sure why this keeps happening but its abit frustrating having rewrite the row headings in again each time my export is run.

SAS 9.4

Excel 2010 (32 bit)

libname output pcfiles path = "......";

proc sql;
drop table output.Data;
drop table output.'Data$'n;
quit;
proc sql;
create table output.Data as
select *
from Final_Data
;quit;

libname output clear;

I have also tried a normal proc export statement and the same issue is occuring.

Thanks in advance

7 REPLIES 7
PazM
Calcite | Level 5

How do i find what engine i am using? 

Should i be using xl out xlsx = " "

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

@PazM wrote:

How do i find what engine i am using? 

Should i be using xl out xlsx = " "

??

Post the REAL version of

libname output pcfiles path = "......";

with the engine you used in the export.

PazM
Calcite | Level 5
libname output pcfiles path = "C:\Users\234783\Analysis v4.xlsx";

art297
Opal | Level 21

Ran into a similar problem a couple of months ago. When you open up one of the workbooks look at the upper left hand corner of the Excel screen. Does the string "[Group]" appear to the right of the Workbook name?

Art, CEO, AnalystFinder.com

PazM
Calcite | Level 5

No i can't see the "[Group]" string next to the workbook name. I'm assuming your thinking that multiple tabs are selected before the export??

art297
Opal | Level 21

Yes, that is precisely what I was thinking. Look again immediately after doing such an export where you see the odd things you described in your original question. Since ungrouping occurs as soon as someone selects a different sheet, you would only notice it immediately after creating the workbook.

Art, CEO, AnalystFinder.com

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation