BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
10 REPLIES 10
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
Are you willing to use ODS??? PROC REPORT has a NOHEADER option that will get rid of your column headers. This is a quick way to achieve what you want.

cynthia
[pre]
ods csv file='c:\temp\nohead.csv';

proc report data=sashelp.class nowd noheader;
column name sex age height weight;
run;

ods csv close;
[/pre]
Peter_C
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
or Herman,
are you willing to consider creating just the data, in a CSV file
Assuming you want ALL columns and rows, and in their default order and formats, it is very brief
data _null_;
File 'your.csv' dsd lrecl=10000;
Set your.dataset ;
Put ( _all_)(:);
run;
That's all!
then let excel open 'your.csv'

peterC
Ksharp
Super User
Hi.
When I look up documentation about excel,I found another proc can do it.

[pre]
proc dbload dbms=excel data=sashelp.class;
path='c:\mydata.xls';
putnames=no;
limit=0;
load;
run;
[/pre]

Ksharp Message was edited by: Ksharp
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
It is also worth noting (from the doc) that DBLOAD will only create Excel 5/95 files. It says here: http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/acpcref/63184/HTML/default/viewer.htm#a003080545.htm
that: The DBLOAD procedure does not support Excel 97 or later files.

You will have to evaluate whether you want to create an older version of an Excel file format.

Also, there are some Tech Support notes about using DBLOAD, including this one;
http://support.sas.com/kb/13/954.html indicates that with SAS 9.1.3, there was an issue with DBLOAD applying numeric formats correctly.

cynthia
Ksharp
Super User
[pre]
PROC EXPORT DATA=sashelp.shoes FILE="c:\new.xls" DBMS=XLS REPLACE;
SHEET='Invoice';
putnames=no;
RUN;
[/pre]
Jaheuk
Obsidian | Level 7
I hoped this was the solution.....however the software who needs this excel can't deal with dbms=XLS!
It should be at least EXCEL (I tested it) .... and putnams is only available with XLS
Look at
http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/acpcref/63184/HTML/default/viewer.htm#a003103761.htm

thanks all for responding!!!

Regards,
Herman
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
To the OP: you never replied to Cynthia where she suggested using ODS CSV. Also, it is unclear what is meant by needing "...the software who needs....it should be at least EXCEL" -- are you getting some type of specific error when attempting to read the SAS-generated DBMS=XLS file? Please provide a clear problem symptom. Also it is useful to include SAS version, the operating system information, to start with.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.
Jaheuk
Obsidian | Level 7
TO MISTER SCOTT BARRY: may I kindly ask you stop replying to my questions!!
I am really getting tired of you stupid remarks!! Get a life...go fishing!!

H.
ArtC
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
This is a professional forum. You have asked for free help from folks who are taking time from their lives to give you free assistance. Please keep the conversation civil. If you do not care for a reply then ignore it, but please consider that your response will be read by a much larger audience.
Ksharp
Super User
It looks like that The only way is similar with Cynthia mentioned.

[pre]
ods tagsets.excelxp file='c:\temp\nohead.xls';

proc report data=sashelp.class nowd noheader;
column name sex age height weight;
run;

ods tagsets.excelxp close;

[/pre]

Ksharp

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 6 in conversation