BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SASPhile
Quartz | Level 8
the date in excel is 08/05/2009 when and it gets converted as 40030.724294 in SAS.This is strange!
7 REPLIES 7
CurtisMack
Fluorite | Level 6
I agree, very odd. 40030 is actually that SAS date for 08/06/2069 which ia a little too similar to 08/05/2009 for me to think it is just coincidence. Is there anything else you can offer to help explain this?
--------------------------------------------------
data _null_;
a = 40030;
format a YYMMDD10.;
put a;
run;
-------------------------------
2069-08-06
SASPhile
Quartz | Level 8
well..I'm just using the folliwng code:and it results in the date conversion.
I even tried the proc import and it resulted the same.
%macro test;
proc sql;
connect to excel (path="&inpt.\Walgreens 2009 08.xls"
header=no mixed=yes );

create table walgreens as
select * from connection to excel
(select * from [%sysfunc(dequote(%superQ(wksht)))]);
disconnect from excel;
quit;
%mend test;
%test;
CurtisMack
Fluorite | Level 6
I would check the Excel table to make sure that all of the dates in that column are entered in the same manner. If they have different formats, that might explain this. If not, I think I would give this one to tech support.
SASPhile
Quartz | Level 8
8/5/2009 5:22:59 PM ..this is how the data is entered in excel, but we see it as 08/05/2009.in sas it gets converted as 40030.724294
Peter_C
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
sounds like SAS is reading the internal exccel value, without recognising the datatype and .applying the standard adjustment (1/1/1960-1/1/1900 with the fraction representing the fraction of the day at the time point.
Although we can fix it, I hope SAS Customer Support can provide the option to enable appropriate conversion to be automatic
SASPhile
Quartz | Level 8
if index(name,'Novo Distribution')

Can we make the search not case sensitive?
Like if the argument-2 here 'Novo Distribution' can be in any case.
Peter_C
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
you can apply the upcase() or lowcase() functions to the NAME variable and test against the relevant constant, but you can adapt the FIND() function:
for case insensitive FIND see it's on-line doc (even available for SAS913 at http://support.sas.com/onlinedoc/913/getDoc/en/lrdict.hlp/a002267763.htm#a002504497 )

PeterC Message was edited by: Peter.C

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation