BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
MarkNicholas
Obsidian | Level 7

Dear ,

I am trying to invoke DFTEST macro which is one of the inbuilt macro in SAS but get the following error.  Please help to resolve further.

WARNING: Apparent invocation of macro DFTEST not resolved.

Regards

Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

If you are running SAS on Windows then the macro should be under the ets folder. 

....\SASFoundation\9.4\ets\sasmacro\dftest.sas

On Unix they are usually all put into the single sasautos folder.

.../SASFoundation/9.4/sasautos/dftest.sas

This macro is from 1987.  Why not just use DF test build into AUTOREG?

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/etsug/63348/HTML/default/viewer.htm#etsug_autoreg_sect03...

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

How do you have the SASAUTOS and MRECALL options set?

Do you have SAS/ETS licensed and installed?

MarkNicholas
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you Tom for helping out.  My account setup is normal. Others in my line of work can execute %dftest normally, except me. So, I believe the default options and license are taken care already.

I have also included the line options mautosource ; and then tried to execute %dftest and still get same  message

WARNING: Apparent invocation of macro DFTEST not resolved.

Could you help in any other way such as to check for the physical existence of the definition of this macro in any sas program that comes inbuilt at the installation.

Thank you.

MarkNicholas
Obsidian | Level 7

Yes Kurt, I am working on shared server - Solaris 9.3

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

If you are running SAS on Windows then the macro should be under the ets folder. 

....\SASFoundation\9.4\ets\sasmacro\dftest.sas

On Unix they are usually all put into the single sasautos folder.

.../SASFoundation/9.4/sasautos/dftest.sas

This macro is from 1987.  Why not just use DF test build into AUTOREG?

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/etsug/63348/HTML/default/viewer.htm#etsug_autoreg_sect03...

jwillis
Quartz | Level 8

If this helps, SAS/ETS(R) 9.2 User's Guide   .

"Note that the %DFTEST macro has been superseded by the PROC ARIMA stationarity tests. See Chapter 7, The ARIMA Procedure, for details."

MarkNicholas
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi jwillis, I get the statement, however I am on a shared server with other users, I want to open a  new session and execute the inbuilt macro but cannot execute any of them.

MarkNicholas
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you  very much Tom, Kurt, jwillis for your help.

My colleagues were out of office now and I couldnt catch up with them for the correct port number to select at login ; so had to check manually on this.

Yes, there were two versions of SAS (9.2 , 9.3 ) on the same server ; the sasautos folder of 9.3 was missing with the programs dftest and dfpvalue.  My colleagues were using 9.2  Smiley Happy

Anyways, I had a chance to learn something new today.

Have a nice day ahead !!

- Mark

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation