BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
rrr123
Calcite | Level 5

I use Base SAS 9.3.

When using SOAP, the xml webdata is being outputted into one single xml tag with all the expected records and attributes.  Need to output in multiple tags to indicate records and attributes. to convert into a dataset of rows and columns. 

Since it outputs as a single xmltag, when converting to sas dataset, due to character field size limitations, even though I see all the records in the xml single tag dump, sas dataset truncates, so contains only a few records; not all from the xml extraction.

Where could the problem lie:

in the SOAP ENVELOPE?  HEADER IN?  am I to include HEADEROUT ALSO?  if so, what should be the content of HEADEROUT?

Shall greatly appreciate some wisdom in this regard; have been sitting on it for quite some time.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
statistician13
Quartz | Level 8
If you have access to IML, I'd recommend integrating your program with R and letting R parse out the returned XML data. Its abilities to parse XML and HTML are far superior in my view. Once you have a small program constructed in R, you can use IML to send the data back to SAS to complete your processing and analysis.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation