BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
GreggB
Pyrite | Level 9

I need to amend this data step so that the column names are written to output file in row 1.

filename csv "G:\Departments\Research\MAP\&yr1&yr2.\Fall &yr.\clean_for_enrich.csv";

data _null_;
set join1b ;
file csv dlm=',';
put ( _all_ ) (+0);
run;

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ballardw
Super User

Easiest may be

Proc export data=join1b outfile=csv dbms=csv;

run;

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ballardw
Super User

Easiest may be

Proc export data=join1b outfile=csv dbms=csv;

run;

GreggB
Pyrite | Level 9

Agreed. I was making it  too complicated.

ballardw
Super User

If you need to provide a specific order, such for a file that may be read by another program that requires a fixed order then the PUT statement would be appropriate but since you didn't show that then I though export would work.

The easy semi-kludge for the header row is to include something like this BEFORE the Put statement in the order to match the variables on the put statement:

If _n_ = 1 then put '"column 1 text","column 2 text", ...,"column n text"';

note that is '  "   and "  ' at the start and end. If there are no spaces or commas desired in the Column x text then the " could be omitted.

The line basically says: If this is the first line of the file then put the header row. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation