BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
kavithal
Calcite | Level 5

I was working with sas university edition and all of a sudden I have the following issue

'The application could not log on to the server "localhost:8591". No server is available at that port on that machine. Connection refused'.

Pls help to fix this.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Reeza
Super User

Have you restarted your VM?

kavithal
Calcite | Level 5

I updated the WM and had few issues but I restarted my computer and is now working.

Thanks for the input.

Best

Kow
Obsidian | Level 7 Kow
Obsidian | Level 7

I had the same problem and also use VM/AMD setup. I had just installed a fresh OVA copy yesterday so I was miffed by a new problem today.

The machine should try and connect to port 10080 and the message shows an attempt to connect to some other port and being refused. 

Somehow the machine is not initializing the port properly. I tried several browsers with same result, but a complete restart of the SAS VM is what is needed.  Once I did that it ran fine.  Hopefully it stays that way.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation