BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
yonib
SAS Employee
Hi',
does anybody knows how to connect from sas to access?
i will be great to have some examples....

thenks in advance,
5 REPLIES 5
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
If you mean MS Access, you can use the tools in SAS/ACCESS to PC File Formats. See on-line doc for examples.

/Linus
Data never sleeps
yonib
SAS Employee
o.k, thanks
jvidalg
Calcite | Level 5
I think there is another way using a libname to a odbc

libname bbdd_aaa odbc dsn=odbc_access_sas user=user password=password;

This odbc is pointing to your MS Access database.

Hope it helps...
yonib
SAS Employee
My problem is that
I want to access data from MS-Access and from XLS files using the Acceess to ODBC module.(I don’t have the tool SAS/ACCESS to PC File Formats)
We have SAS installed on Itanium 64 bit.
The data is saved on other servers (in Office 2003 ).
Is there an ODBC driver for the 64bit machine that will allow us to connect to those sources?
Someone suggested we can use a system-dsn on a "WOW" 32bit odbc driver and we managed to do so
But how can we tell SAS to go there as DATASRC in the ODBC Libname definition And not to the ODBC 64 bit
Thanks!
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
I assume that you are using SAS on Windows.
I can't see that this should be different than using 32-bit windows. You will need a 64-bit ODBC driver (which you will get from Microsoft for Excel). And if your Excel-files is located in a path that can be reached from your server there should be no obstacles.

If you have all this, and if it does not work, I suggest that open a track on SAS support.

/Linus
Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation