BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
gzr2mz39
Quartz | Level 8

I have the following fields:
equipment: name of equipment
Lat1: latitude for equipment
Long1: longitude for equipment
Lat2: latitude for location
Long2: longitude for location

There are approximately 500K pieces of equipment and 3K locations.
Can anyone recommend a strategy for finding all the pieces of equipment within 0.5 miles for each of the locations in the dataset?
If needed I can restrict the number of pieces of equipment that are within 0.5 miles for each location (e.g. only find a maximum of 5 pieces of equipment for each location).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gzr2mz39
Quartz | Level 8

The strategy I'm currently using is to divide the datasets into smaller parts and then generate Cartesian Products with PROC SQL. After merging I use geodist to calculate the distances.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
gzr2mz39
Quartz | Level 8

The strategy I'm currently using is to divide the datasets into smaller parts and then generate Cartesian Products with PROC SQL. After merging I use geodist to calculate the distances.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation