BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
hbgersh
Calcite | Level 5

I have newly installed SAS 9.4 on my Windows 8 based machine.  I need to use the 😧 drive as the work directory as the C: drive (on which the default temporary working directory is) is not large enough to accomodate my files.

I have gone into the "C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASFoundation\9.4\nls\en\sasv9.cvg" file and changed the default working directory setting to:

-WORK "D:\SAS Temporary Files"

Yet, when I open SAS and check on the working directory (either through right-clicking on the "Work" icon and selecting "Properties" or by asking for the work directory from the editor), it remains as the default (in the C: drive).

What am I doing wrong???

Thanks,

Hayley

2 REPLIES 2
ballardw
Super User

You most likely have your -work near the start of the config file above the line that says "do not edit below this line"

Below there, near the bottom you will almost certainly find:

-WORK "!TEMP\SAS Temporary Files"

Since it occurs AFTER you instruction it overrides your desired location.

Edit it to

/*-WORK "!TEMP\SAS Temporary Files"*/

to comment out that and your -Work will work.

Note that you might want to consider moving the MYSASFILES and SASUSER as well.

hbgersh
Calcite | Level 5

thanks! seems to be working now.  much appreciated.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation