DATA Step, Macro, Functions and more

change discrete var name in sas table

Accepted Solution Solved
Contributor
Accepted Solution

change discrete var name in sas table

[ Edited ]

Hi all ,

i am using a macro function and i used proc sql; creat table.....; proc print;run; .but it does not print the table ,no error ,i just can find the table in Explorer.why it does not print ?and the name of one of the  columns is  "NAME OF FORMER VARIABLE" .how can i chage it to one word name? i tried rename ,but because it is not single name ,it gives me error.if anyone knows the answer appreciate to share it with me.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎08-14-2017 04:51 PM
Super User

Re: change discrete var name in sas table

You're seeing the label not variable name most likely. 

Given what you've posted though we can't help. Obviously there's a mistake but without more details we can't tell you why.

When you're writing a macro you should start with working code. So if you haven't done that yet, I would suggest doing that first and then maybe comparing that to your macro to see where the differences are, and likely causing the issues. 

Use the debugging options to see the full code and it can help you see where/why the data set is not being created.

options notes symbolgen mprint;

View solution in original post

All Replies
Trusted Advisor

A variable cannot include spaces. If it includes you have to use it as 'var with space'n.

You may try do: (renmae = ("NAME OF FORMER VARIABLE"n = any_valid_name));

Solution
‎08-14-2017 04:51 PM
Super User

You're seeing the label not variable name most likely. 

Given what you've posted though we can't help. Obviously there's a mistake but without more details we can't tell you why.

When you're writing a macro you should start with working code. So if you haven't done that yet, I would suggest doing that first and then maybe comparing that to your macro to see where the differences are, and likely causing the issues. 

Use the debugging options to see the full code and it can help you see where/why the data set is not being created.

options notes symbolgen mprint;
☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation