BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
molla
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,
Am trying to shift my domain to sas,Am trying to crack the interview below are few interview questions ,
pls help me out with answers along with explanation if required,Any suggestions for how to prepare
and on which topic will be of greate help for me.

Notes: are they acccepted
ISO 8601 format and its assumptions
Have u handled partial dates
Where do u find information about screen failures
types of qualifiers with examples
how do u handle missing functions note in log(by missing)
Sum operators
when would you use a modifier
Why would you need a SAS date constant?
How can you clean invalid data?
What symbol is required in an assignment statement?
Why would you use IF-THEN/ELSE statements instead of IF-THEN statements?
What procedures can be used to detect invalid data?
What is an instruction that SAS uses to read data values into a variable?
When would you use a : modifier?
What statement is used to point to a physical filename including the path, filename, and extension of an Excel workbook ?
What character appears at the end of an Excel worksheet name in the SAS Explorer?
What is an example of a SAS name literal?
What is the name of the permanent SAS data library that SAS creates for you?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User

Get the SAS certification guide. It has a ton of questions with fully worked examples including the explanations. . 

For ewch of your questions, search lexjansen.com. If the answer isn't on there it's not anywhere. Note that some of those questions are general programming, Not SAS specific. 

Don't claim to be a programmer if you're not, make sure to be honest about your programming skills. Most companies these days give you an interactive programming test not a theoretical multiple choice question. So you need to be able to answer theses questions and know best when to use different methods. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Getting job by learning answers to specific interview question is a crappy way to move forward.

But, they can work as guide on things to learn.

So, step one, take the free online SAS Programming 1 training.

Step two, find you answers yourself. You should be able to find most of them in SAS documentation and papers.

If you get stuck on a single one, get back the forum, and describe what is is that you don'ät understand, and what you tried so far.

Good luck

Data never sleeps
molla
Fluorite | Level 6

Am not just seeing the questions,I have started practicing data steps and procedures also,I have the basic knowledge of coding in sas also, parallely am trying to solve the interview questions,I know the answers for some questions which I posted,some I cud not understand,I vll filter the questions and let u on which am confused

molla
Fluorite | Level 6

Notes: are they acccepted
ISO 8601 format and its assumptions
Have u handled partial dates
Where do u find information about screen failures
types of qualifiers with examples
how do u handle missing functions note in log(by missing)
Sum operators
when would you use a modifier
Why would you need a SAS date constant?
How can you clean invalid data?
When would you use a : modifier?
What character appears at the end of an Excel worksheet name in the SAS Explorer?
What is an example of a SAS name literal?
What is the name of the permanent SAS data library that SAS creates for you?

Reeza
Super User

Get the SAS certification guide. It has a ton of questions with fully worked examples including the explanations. . 

For ewch of your questions, search lexjansen.com. If the answer isn't on there it's not anywhere. Note that some of those questions are general programming, Not SAS specific. 

Don't claim to be a programmer if you're not, make sure to be honest about your programming skills. Most companies these days give you an interactive programming test not a theoretical multiple choice question. So you need to be able to answer theses questions and know best when to use different methods. 

molla
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks for your  advice,I am not  telling that am a efficient programmer,but I have the  basic knowledge of datastep and how  to use procedures,

ballardw
Super User

When working with computer languages spelling and punctuation count.

Please help us respond to your questions by using complete (and hopefully mostly ) accurate spelling and punctuation as well.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation