Calcite | Level 5

4 REPLIES 4
ankit___gupta
Quartz | Level 8

Can you expain the question ?

lu2kaseff
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I have a dataset with thousdsand of visits. 

We have first name, last name, address and medical record number.  When people enter the data there will be errors, and we want to make sure we capture all the visits for the right person (based on first name, last name address and medical record number).

The data entry people to mix up the number in the MRN, switch letters in the name and cause us to count to many...

I need to clean the data and remove records that are like other records.

Does this help?

Louise

PeterClemmensen
Tourmaline | Level 20

It would help a lot if you could post some sample data. 

When you say you want to remove records that are like other records, does that mean that the records have to match for every variable in your dataset to be removed or only by some of the variables? 🙂

PeterClemmensen
Tourmaline | Level 20

I am having a really hard time understanding this question 🙂 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation