DATA Step, Macro, Functions and more

accessing Integrated Object Model (IOM) via R or Python

Accepted Solution Solved
Regular Contributor
Accepted Solution

accessing Integrated Object Model (IOM) via R or Python

Hi all,

I use SAS IOM via C#, which uses COM/DCOM underneath as far as I understand.

SAS IOM can also be used via Java clients using CORBA.

Is it also possible to use SAS IOM via Python or R? Please note I am just asking for IOM open source integration. I am quite aware of other ways of integrating SAS with open source.

Any pointer would be very much appreciated. many thanks in advance.

Christian

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎03-22-2018 12:23 PM
Community Manager

Re: accessing Integrated Object Model (IOM) via R or Python

Posted in reply to csetzkorn

SASPy -- the library provided by SAS developers and released as open source -- uses Python and Java components to access IOM.  This library supports SAS Workspaces, but you could examine the code and adapt for whatever else you might need.

Instead of Java/CORBA, you could use the COM interfaces if you're more familiar with that (as that's how C# works with it).  Python has packages for COM integration.  R might as well -- I haven't researched it.  The process would be similar to what I've shown for Windows PowerShell, I think.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎03-22-2018 12:23 PM
Community Manager

Re: accessing Integrated Object Model (IOM) via R or Python

Posted in reply to csetzkorn

SASPy -- the library provided by SAS developers and released as open source -- uses Python and Java components to access IOM.  This library supports SAS Workspaces, but you could examine the code and adapt for whatever else you might need.

Instead of Java/CORBA, you could use the COM interfaces if you're more familiar with that (as that's how C# works with it).  Python has packages for COM integration.  R might as well -- I haven't researched it.  The process would be similar to what I've shown for Windows PowerShell, I think.

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation