BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SteveBeach
Calcite | Level 5

I am running a new installation of SAS on a Windows 10 machine.  I receive the following message, which means I won't be able to make changes to my settings.  

ERROR: File SASUSER.PROFILE.CATALOG was created for a different operating system.

Any suggestions for a solution are appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
ballardw
Super User

I am a tad concerned over how you have a "new installation" with a catalog created for "a different operating" system. If you tried copying an existing catalog from the old version in hopes of preserving settings then may have done yourself a disservice.

Generally base SAS if it does not find a SASUSER.Profile catalog will create one with default settings. So I would be tempted to rename the existing one. Shut down SAS. Restart. And see if you still have the problem when attempting to make changes.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

What SAS release and maintenance level are you running? You need to be using the latest SAS maintenance level SAS 9.4M4 to be compatible with the latest Win 10 updates.  

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation