BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
jcis7
Pyrite | Level 9

G'day. I'm getting the following warnings (I bolded them below) when I open SAS 9.4.

Do I need to be concerned about this? How do I fix this?  Thank you.

NOTE: Copyright (c) 2002-2012 by SAS Institute Inc., Cary, NC, USA.

NOTE: SAS (r) Proprietary Software 9.4 (TS1M2)

Licensed to CA DEPARTMENT OF TECHNOLOGY, Site 70006693.

NOTE: This session is executing on the W32_7PRO platform.

NOTE: Updated analytical products:

SAS/STAT 13.2

SAS/ETS 13.2

SAS/OR 13.2

SAS/IML 13.2

SAS/QC 13.2

NOTE: Additional host information:

W32_7PRO WIN 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Workstation

NOTE: SAS initialization used:

real time 5.24 seconds

cpu time 1.13 seconds

NOTE: Unable to open SASUSER.REGSTRY. WORK.REGSTRY will be opened instead.

NOTE: All registry changes will be lost at the end of the session.

WARNING: Unable to copy SASUSER registry to WORK registry. Because of this,

WARNING: you will not see registry customizations during this session.

NOTE: Unable to open SASUSER.PROFILE. WORK.PROFILE will be opened instead.

NOTE: All profile changes will be lost at the end of the session.

NOTE: This SAS session is using a registry in WORK. All changes will be lost at the end of this

NOTE: session.

NOTE: Unable to open SASUSER.PROFILE. WORK.PROFILE will be opened instead.

NOTE: All profile changes will be lost at the end of the session.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Usually this happens when you have one instance of SAS running, and you open a 2nd instance. If that's what you have done, then this warning is perfectly normal and probably nothing to worry about. If this is (as far as you know) the only instance of SAS running, then you need to

1. Confirm that this is the only instance of SAS running by going into the Windows Task Manager and searching for Applications and Processes named SAS. If there are truly no other instances of SAS running, your SASUSER registry may not have write access (you'll have to fix this), or there are some other bizarre problems that I can't even imagine right now.
--
Paige Miller

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Usually this happens when you have one instance of SAS running, and you open a 2nd instance. If that's what you have done, then this warning is perfectly normal and probably nothing to worry about. If this is (as far as you know) the only instance of SAS running, then you need to

1. Confirm that this is the only instance of SAS running by going into the Windows Task Manager and searching for Applications and Processes named SAS. If there are truly no other instances of SAS running, your SASUSER registry may not have write access (you'll have to fix this), or there are some other bizarre problems that I can't even imagine right now.
--
Paige Miller
jcis7
Pyrite | Level 9
Yes, that is exactly what happened. Thank you!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 2 in conversation