BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
mahesh_s_26
Calcite | Level 5

Hello Friends,

We are having an issue while launching a SAS program in JReview. The program throwing an error during runtime with the error "WARNING: Apparent symbolic reference irpaswd not resolved". It is failing at a step where we are trying to connect to database. It is able to fetch the iruser and irconnect values but not the irpaswd.

Could you please suggest? Please let me know if you need any other details.

Thanks,

Mahesh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User

Maybe you should talk to your SAS admin for help, or the person who wrote this. But the path to the autoexec is usually found in the SAS config file. It could also be something in the actual application call, so it's hard to say exactly where it's being set. 

If your need is urgent, you should contact SAS Tech support, that's why you pay the licensing fee after all. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
ballardw
Super User

Note much detail and no code...

The most likely cause of that warning is you have code with &irpaswd somewhere. But no value to a macro variable named irpaswd has had a value assigned using either a %let statement, passed as a parameter or created with one of the interfaces from data step code (call symput or call symputx) or Proc SQl (select into: ).

Best is to provide code up to the point you encounter the warning with the log.

mahesh_s_26
Calcite | Level 5

Hi ballardw,

Thanks for the quick reply. Please find below code. This SAS program is being used for JReview reporting. We have even not initialized the variable iruser and connect, but they are picked during the run time except irpaswd. I have also attached the log file.

mahesh_s_26
Calcite | Level 5

PFA log file.

Thanks,

Mahesh

Reeza
Super User

You should review the information you've posted and delete anything that may be confidential to your company. 

Anyways, you have declared iruser and irconnct, but there's no declaration for the password (line 8, line11) so, yes, it can't find it. 

You haven't included it somehow.

mahesh_s_26
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks Reeza. I have already removed the company specific confidential information.

In the code we have not initialized the iruser and irconnect variables anywhere. But, it is showing in the log file. Could you please let me know how it is picking during the run time? This is what we are not able to find.

One more thing, usually the DB username and password should not be hard coded right? If we hard code those details the program works fine.

Thanks,

Mahesh

Reeza
Super User

Check for an autoexec file that may be setting those values by default. 

If you're running in EG there may project specific settings. 

Ideally you have single sign on set up and the account has access to the DB directly and doesn't need to pass a user name or password. 

mahesh_s_26
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Reeza,

Where can I check the autoexec program? Basically, we are launching the program via JReview (UI) and internally JReview makes a call to SAS program. No where in the sas program we have these variables initialized. But, from somewhere it is bringing those values which we don't have a clue.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Mahesh

Reeza
Super User

Maybe you should talk to your SAS admin for help, or the person who wrote this. But the path to the autoexec is usually found in the SAS config file. It could also be something in the actual application call, so it's hard to say exactly where it's being set. 

If your need is urgent, you should contact SAS Tech support, that's why you pay the licensing fee after all. 

mahesh_s_26
Calcite | Level 5

Agreed! I have also raised it with SAS technical support.

Thanks much for all your support.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation