BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Mounika_Gudla
Fluorite | Level 6

I always use vmware workstation to practice my programs and suddenly it stopped working when i tried to start the machine today . It show this error. 

Error while powering on: VMware Player cannot connect to the virtual machine. Make sure you have rights to run the program, access all directories the program uses, and access all directories for temporary files.

The VMware Authorization Service is not running.

please help me out if anyone knows how to get it running again.

Thanks a lot in advance

Mounika

4 REPLIES 4
Reeza
Super User

Have you used SAS recently via VM? Specifically, since July?

Mounika_Gudla
Fluorite | Level 6
Yes i did... even like 10 days ago

Reeza
Super User

Post some screenshots of the errors please. But...it sounds like it its not really a SAS error, it's a VM error and you may have better luck posting in a VM forum.

Mounika_Gudla
Fluorite | Level 6
Hi its so silly i just went to the control panel and clicked repair option for the vmware app and then it just started working normally... i dont even know what caused the error... thanks a lot for your reply

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation