BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
LXL
Fluorite | Level 6 LXL
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello everyone,Could you tell me that what is the easiest method for me to use VC++ to acess SAS dataset? Thank you every much.

4 REPLIES 4
FriedEgg
SAS Employee
ODBC or OLE DB or ADO through IOM... There are many options that come down to preference and specific use case. All these options require SAS access, local or remote. There are open source libraries available that do not require SAS as well as other third-party commercial tools as well.
LXL
Fluorite | Level 6 LXL
Fluorite | Level 6
Hello,where can you find the open source library? I want to use C++ to access the local and remote SAS dataset。 Could you give me some cases? Thank you very much.
FriedEgg
SAS Employee

https://github.com/WizardMac/ReadStat

SAS7BDAT is a proprietary data format specific to the SAS platform, so your best option is use some other means.  Either a SAS licensed provider or converting to an open data format that your VC++ program can natively access.

LXL
Fluorite | Level 6 LXL
Fluorite | Level 6

OK,thank you very much.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation