BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
BU2B
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all,

I got a new laptop, it's Windows 10 64-bit and I'm running SAS 9.4 32-bit.  I had VBA code to read in a SAS dataset into Excel that worked fine in SAS 9.2, but now I'm getting a run-time error 3706 - Provider cannot be found.  Here's my old code.  Am I missing a driver or does the code need to be modified?  I already tried changing the SAS version in the code..

Sub VA3_I()

'*************************************************************************************************************
'This modules grabs the SAS output for the Initial VA1 Resettlement                                                  *
'*************************************************************************************************************

Dim obConnection As ADODB.Connection
Dim obRecordset As ADODB.Recordset
Dim i As Integer, strcount As Integer
Dim NSS As Range

Application.StatusBar = "Querying Initial VA1 Swing for CREP " & CREP_Name & "..."

Set obConnection = New ADODB.Connection
obConnection.Provider = "sas.LocalProvider.9.2"
obConnection.Properties("Data Source") = "\\nasdr\c_commodity_acctg\Workfiles\Steve\SAS\Datasets\CREPS\Initial VA1 RS"
obConnection.Open

Set obRecordset = New ADODB.Recordset
obRecordset.Open "etrm_crep_ini_va1_swing_" & Sheets("ProfileRS_Invoice").Range("C4").Value, obConnection, adOpenDynamic, adLockReadOnly, ADODB.adCmdTableDirect

5 REPLIES 5
daithi1990
Obsidian | Level 7

Run 32 bit excel over 64 bit may be the most ideal thing to do. 

ballardw
Super User

@BU2B wrote:

Hi all,

I got a new laptop, it's Windows 10 64-bit and I'm running SAS 9.4 32-bit.  I had VBA code to read in a SAS dataset into Excel that worked fine in SAS 9.2, but now I'm getting a run-time error 3706 - Provider cannot be found.  Here's my old code.  Am I missing a driver or does the code need to be modified?  I already tried changing the SAS version in the code..

Sub VA3_I()

'This modules grabs the SAS output for the Initial VA1 Resettlement                                                  *

Dim obConnection As ADODB.Connection
Dim obRecordset As ADODB.Recordset
Dim i As Integer, strcount As Integer
Dim NSS As Range

Application.StatusBar = "Querying Initial VA1 Swing for CREP " & CREP_Name & "..."

Set obConnection = New ADODB.Connection
obConnection.Properties("Data Source") = "\\nasdr\c_commodity_acctg\Workfiles\Steve\SAS\Datasets\CREPS\Initial VA1 RS"
obConnection.Open

Set obRecordset = New ADODB.Recordset
obRecordset.Open "etrm_crep_ini_va1_swing_" & Sheets("ProfileRS_Invoice").Range("C4").Value, obConnection, adOpenDynamic, adLockReadOnly, ADODB.adCmdTableDirect

Anything look odd in the highlighted text considering that you are now running SAS 9.4?

BU2B
Calcite | Level 5

Good morning,

Yeah that's not it.  That was the first thing I tried.  Our resident SAS guru is back in the office today.  I'll see if he knows and will keep you posted.  Thanks!

Steve

BU2B
Calcite | Level 5

Solved:  Instead of "sas.LocalProvider.9.4", it's "sas.LocalProvider.9.43". 

ballardw
Super User

@BU2B wrote:

Solved:  Instead of "sas.LocalProvider.9.4", it's "sas.LocalProvider.9.43". 

So the actual problem was in the line

which you had indicated "Yeah that's not it.  That was the first thing I tried"

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation