DATA Step, Macro, Functions and more

Using the X command in a loop with XNOWAIT option

Contributor

Using the X command in a loop with XNOWAIT option

I'm using the X command in a loop to copy 4 files from one location to another.  I'm using the XNOWAIT option.  The first loop iterates as expected, but a syntax error is generated for the second, indicating that the X command is a syntax error.  I suspect that's because it's not finished copying the file when the second iteration begins.  How would I be able to get it to pause and wait for a while before beginning the next iteration of the loop?

Super User

Re: Using the X command in a loop with XNOWAIT option

Posted in reply to JohnSAScom

Error=> Post the log with the code and the error message. Otherwise we're pretty much having to guess what you did.

Post the log into a code box opened with the forums {I} icon to preserve formatting of the error message.

Contributor

Error ==> "Post the log into a code box opened with the forums {I} icon to preserve formatting of the error message."

First question:  What's a "code box"?

Super User

Posted in reply to JohnSAScom

At the top of the message window on this forum is block of icons. The {I} opens a code box.

Contributor

Thanks I found the code box.  I also found the solution to my question.  It didn't have to do with the X command, but rather with another section of my code. 

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation