BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
JohnSAScom
Quartz | Level 8

I'm using the X command in a loop to copy 4 files from one location to another.  I'm using the XNOWAIT option.  The first loop iterates as expected, but a syntax error is generated for the second, indicating that the X command is a syntax error.  I suspect that's because it's not finished copying the file when the second iteration begins.  How would I be able to get it to pause and wait for a while before beginning the next iteration of the loop?

4 REPLIES 4
ballardw
Super User

Error=> Post the log with the code and the error message. Otherwise we're pretty much having to guess what you did.

Post the log into a code box opened with the forums {I} icon to preserve formatting of the error message.

JohnSAScom
Quartz | Level 8

Error ==> "Post the log into a code box opened with the forums {I} icon to preserve formatting of the error message."

First question:  What's a "code box"?

ballardw
Super User

At the top of the message window on this forum is block of icons. The {I} opens a code box.

JohnSAScom
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks I found the code box.  I also found the solution to my question.  It didn't have to do with the X command, but rather with another section of my code. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation