DATA Step, Macro, Functions and more

Using Winzip command line utility to password protect zip

Accepted Solution Solved
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Using Winzip command line utility to password protect zip

Hi all

I have been using ODS Package to create zip files but now find myself needing to encrypt the files within.

I have used the code below successfully but only if adding one file - I can't get it to work when adding two.

data _null_ ;
zipexe = '"C:\Program Files (x86)\WinZip\WINZIP32.exe" -min -a -s';
pw="&pwdit";
zipfile="C:\test.zip";
file="C:\test 1.pdf";
cmd=zipexe || pw || ' ' || zipfile || ' ' || files ;
putlog "NOTE-Processing command " cmd ;
call system( cmd ) ;
run;

Can anyone help with adding multiple files?  The filenames will have spaces in them hence the need for double quotes.

Or if I create the zip file using ODS package, does anyone know if I can then use the winzip command line utility to open an existing zip file and apply the encryption?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎03-07-2016 05:24 AM
Super User

Re: Using Winzip command line utility to password protect zip

Posted in reply to kimdukes77

Best solution: get rid of the ****ing blanks in filenames. Use underscores instead.

Next best solution:

file='"C:\test 1.pdf"';

(encapsulate double quotes with single quotes, so the double quotes end up in the data step variable)

If you need to process a list of files, either use wildcard characters or make sure that every single filename has the double quotes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎03-07-2016 05:24 AM
Super User

Re: Using Winzip command line utility to password protect zip

Posted in reply to kimdukes77

Best solution: get rid of the ****ing blanks in filenames. Use underscores instead.

Next best solution:

file='"C:\test 1.pdf"';

(encapsulate double quotes with single quotes, so the double quotes end up in the data step variable)

If you need to process a list of files, either use wildcard characters or make sure that every single filename has the double quotes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation