BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
LXL
Fluorite | Level 6 LXL
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello everyone ,I wnat to use VS C++ to access the SAS dataset ,the method is optional,the simpler is the better,do you know about using ODBC or OLEDB to acess the SAS data,which is easier to reach my goal? Could you provide some references about this to me ? Please help me.Thank you very much.

5 REPLIES 5
LXL
Fluorite | Level 6 LXL
Fluorite | Level 6
Thank you for your reply , do you mean that it is easier to access the SAS dataset with ODBC?
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Use ODBC to connect to a SAS server that is running SAS/Share, which is basically a dedicated process to serve up SAS data.

Use OLE DB to connect to a local SAS data set (sas7bdat) using the SAS Local OLE DB provider, or to a remote SAS Workspace running SAS Integration Technologies (same as used by SAS Enterprise Guide).  For the remote case, use the SAS IOM OLE DB provider.  Both are available for download from support.sas.com.

See the SAS OLE DB "cookbook".

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
LXL
Fluorite | Level 6 LXL
Fluorite | Level 6
OK, I would like to use ODBC to access the SAS dataset , thank you very much.
LXL
Fluorite | Level 6 LXL
Fluorite | Level 6
Could you tell me that what is the easiest method for me to use VC++ to acess SAS dataset? Thank you every much.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation