BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
brendanb
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

I would like to be able to use an already LASR loaded table as a lookup table in my data step (hash table lookup). Is this possible?

4 REPLIES 4
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Yes it's possible. 

Data in LASR is available to you by a libname.

But (it's kinda big but), be aware of that the whole table will be transferred to your local SAS session where your data step executes. So in this sense, it's not certain that's a advantage to use LASR data (if you are on a remote host to the LASR server).

What kind of operations is this, and why do you need to use LASR data?

Data never sleeps
brendanb
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi, thanks,

What I am doing is typical SCD loads, so I will have to figure out new, chg, close records. What I thought of going is to load my dimensions into memory the day before, so that when my new data comes along, and I need to do lookups for SCD, I can save time by avoiding the loads of the lookup table since it was loaded prior to batch start. The only way I thought of pre loading was to load to LASR. The LASR server and workspace on on the same physical machine.

Also, how will this affect my data step code, where I would have loaded the table to memory I now have to point to a LASR table via memory addr/ref????

this:
            declare hash h0(dataset: "libname.table", hashexp: exponent);
            h0.defineKey( "cd");
            h0.defineData( "data1");
            h0.defineDone();

would be????

Many thanks for the help

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Just assign the libname and then you can use the LASR data syntactically as any other data.
Not knowing your full architecture but using LASR data as input for that type of processing sounds awkward. I LASR as an end station for analysis and reporting, not as input for data management processes. I would use the source for the LASR data as input to your SCD job.
Data never sleeps
brendanb
Obsidian | Level 7

found another option, have not yet explored. proc server,

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/shrref/63064/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n1or2nolc2epe5n15pd...

thanks for all the help.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation