BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SASHunter
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi all,

Is there a way to do  FSLIST of a '.dat' file, after connecting to the LINUX server using SAS Connect?

I am in PC SAS and I connect to the linux machine fine.  But then when I try to do the FSLIST up in command box, l get an error because it is only looking at my local machine so it can't find the file.

Thanks,

Nancy

5 REPLIES 5
ballardw
Super User

Are you typing in the name of the file for the FSLIST command or just issuing the FSLIST command? The second should let you browse to any location to find files.

Or if you can successfuly assign a fileref using the Filename statement you should be able to use that with the fslist command.

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Try this little program.  If it works for you convert it into a macro.

%let rfile=remote_file_name ;

%sysrput rfile=&rfile;

filename rfile temp ;

rsubmit;

proc download infile="&rfile" outfile=rfile binary status=n ;

run;

endrsubmit;

dm "fslist rfile";

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

There is no way for browsing remote Unix files when using SAS/Connect. You could use a (s)ftp program for that.

If you have Eguide with a WS server connected at the other side all of that is included in Eguide. you just need to become familiar with Unix. 

---->-- ja karman --<-----
SASHunter
Obsidian | Level 7

Jaap,

OK - please give me more information about using Enterprise Guide to do this.  I have access to EG and can see the '.dat' file under SASApp in the Files folder.  When I double click on the file and it opens.  I want to see it with the columns set at the top.   Can I do this?

Thanks,

Nancy

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

SAShunter, You found that it will open the file. 
I have seen the columns when importing it in column mode.  Shifting the positions creating the variables. (type *.txt)  Not found any example that quickly at the SAS site.

There must be a menu-option to start that process.

When the suffix would be a "*-.sas*  it would open as SAS-program and adding a link in you current flow.

I did not feel some need using to columns anymore with this kind of approaches.            
going for a download that should be easy There and back again: copying files in SAS Enterprise Guide - The SAS Dummy

---->-- ja karman --<-----

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation