DATA Step, Macro, Functions and more

Update SAS Private JRE

Accepted Solution Solved
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Update SAS Private JRE

Hell@,

I've been wondering how do I update SAS Private JRE, since there are new updates of the product, following the instructions:

http://support.sas.com/kb/56/203.html

I've managed to download the correspnding version in :

https://support.sas.com/downloads/browse.htm?fil=&cat=556

But my question is, what comes after that, is it need to be done through SAS Deployment Manager or I replace the zip file content in SASPrivateJavaRuntimeEnvironment at SASHome?

Thanks for your help

Accepted Solutions
Solution
2 weeks ago
Super Contributor

Re: Update SAS Private JRE

[ Edited ]
Posted in reply to JoseAlbertoRami

Hi @JoseAlbertoRami,

You'll need to use SAS Deployment Manager for all SAS Hot Fix appliaction. Never unzip the Hot Fix file(s)!

One important thing to ensure - Place the SAS Private Java Runtime Environment zip file in its own folder. Make sure there are no other hot fix/patch zip file(s) exist in that folder.

Please make sure you read the installation instructions (README file) carefully, there are pre-install & post-install steps that must be carried out in order to ensure the stability of your SAS installation.

Hope this helps,

Ahmed

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
2 weeks ago
Super Contributor

Re: Update SAS Private JRE

[ Edited ]
Posted in reply to JoseAlbertoRami

Hi @JoseAlbertoRami,

You'll need to use SAS Deployment Manager for all SAS Hot Fix appliaction. Never unzip the Hot Fix file(s)!

One important thing to ensure - Place the SAS Private Java Runtime Environment zip file in its own folder. Make sure there are no other hot fix/patch zip file(s) exist in that folder.

Please make sure you read the installation instructions (README file) carefully, there are pre-install & post-install steps that must be carried out in order to ensure the stability of your SAS installation.

Hope this helps,

Ahmed

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation