DATA Step, Macro, Functions and more

Unknown error for KNOWNFOLDERID FOLDERID_Documents

Super Contributor

Unknown error for KNOWNFOLDERID FOLDERID_Documents

I get an error in the event viewer which contains "Unknown error for KNOWNFOLDERID FOLDERID_Documents" when I try to run my batch script which calls SAS in the Windows Task Scheduler. When I try to run it outside I don't get any problems.

Other info:

• The SAS script uses systask to run another batch script which calls a python script
  • When I try to run that batch script calling a python script, it works properly

Anyone who have a similar problem like this? Greatly appreciate any assistance.

Super Contributor

Re: Unknown error for KNOWNFOLDERID FOLDERID_Documents

Which user executes the scheduled sas program? Has the user a home-folder in C:\Users?

SAS uses the known folders to assign the sasuser library

Super Contributor

Re: Unknown error for KNOWNFOLDERID FOLDERID_Documents

Posted in reply to andreas_lds

Yes, confirming the user has a home folder under C:\Users, also has Log on as a batch job permissions.

I actually have an initial post with a similar issue on the FolderID_Documents which I had to remove in my custom sas config file because the Windows Task Scheduler fails due to this.

https://communities.sas.com/t5/Base-SAS-Programming/SASUSER-Library-FOLDERID-Documents-My-SAS-Files-...

After doing some investigation, it seems like the one which is causing the problem is when I initialize the saspy module in my python script. It seems it cannot open up a workspace or it's also calling the default sasv9.cfg file which actually has a declaration of the FolderID_Documents. Apparently, I don't see any options in the saspy module to select a specific sas config file.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation