BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Mridula
Calcite | Level 5

Hi All,

I have enrolled with the free SAS-eCourse : SAS Programming 1:Essentials. I was trying to define "ORION Library" in my SAS OnDemand for Academics, SAS Studio. 

The code which I used for this purpose is:

%let path=/home/mridula.panicker/ecprg193;
libname orion "&path";

But I didn't get the "NOTE: Libref ORION was successfully assigned" in my Log.

The log I am getting is as follows:

1 OPTIONS NONOTES NOSTIMER NOSOURCE NOSYNTAXCHECK;
56 %let path=/home/mridula.panicker/ecprg193;
57 libname orion "&path";
59 OPTIONS NONOTES NOSTIMER NOSOURCE NOSYNTAXCHECK;
60 ODS HTML CLOSE;
61 &GRAPHTERM; ;*';*";*/;RUN;QUIT;
62 QUIT;RUN;
63 ODS HTML5 (ID=WEB) CLOSE;
65 ODS RTF (ID=WEB) CLOSE;
66 ODS PDF (ID=WEB) CLOSE;
NOTE: ODS PDF(WEB) printed no output.
(This sometimes results from failing to place a RUN statement before the ODS PDF(WEB) CLOSE statement.)
67 FILENAME _GSFNAME;
NOTE: Fileref _GSFNAME has been deassigned.
68 DATA _NULL_;
69 RUN;

NOTE: DATA statement used (Total process time):
real time 0.00 seconds
user cpu time 0.00 seconds
system cpu time 0.00 seconds
memory 765.81k
OS Memory 19876.00k
Timestamp 10/18/2015 01:11:50 PM
Step Count 12 Switch Count 22
Page Faults 0
Page Reclaims 219
Page Swaps 0
Voluntary Context Switches 32
Involuntary Context Switches 0
Block Input Operations 0
Block Output Operations 0

70 OPTIONS NOTES STIMER SOURCE SYNTAXCHECK;

Can someone please help me by telling what is the mistake I am making in this?

regards,
Mridula
3 REPLIES 3
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi: 1) Did you MAKE the ECPRG193 folder in your folder structure? 2) I do NOT see anything in this code that uses the ORION libref so it looks like you have NOT posted all your log. Please try this:
%let path=/home/mridula.panicker/ecprg193;.
libname orion "&path";
proc contents data=orion._all_;
run;

Which will tell you whether the folder is there. Remember that the LIBNAME statement will NOT make a folder. So you must make the folder first by right-clicking on the icon for My Folders (or on some instances Files (Home) and selecting New Folder, as shown in the Course Overview instructions in Programming 1. Also remember that there are 2 tasks in the Setup instructions. Task 1 is making the folder and running the LIBNAME statement. Task 2 is running the program that will actually PUT data into your folder location.

I am not sure why you have so many statements and are using GSFNAME -- that is NOT in Programming 1, so that is a bit odd to see in the SAS log.

cynthia
Mridula
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Cynthia,

I have tried the solution you suggested. But still I am not able to define the Orion Library. Some more details of my current situation is as follows:

1. SAS software which I am using : SAS OnDemand for Academics : SAS Studio (Cloud version, not installed on my PC)

2. Operating System : Windows 7

3. Document referring for Setup : Setup Instructions for SAS OnDemand for Academics: SAS Studio (provided along with online training for Programming 1)

4. Creation of Folder "ecprg193" for ORION Library : Created (Please refer attached image for code as well as folder details)

5. Since I didn't get the message saying "NOTE: Libref ORION was successfully assigned" I didn't try Step2 of the procedure.

I have attached the log as well as my code details along with this. Please refer and kindly support me.

regards,

Mridula.

Orion Library def_Code.jpg
Mridula
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Cynthia,

I resolved the issue on my own. Thaks for the support.

Here is the code which I used:

%let path=/home/mridula.panicker/ecprg193/;
libname orion "&path";

What I did to solve the issue:

I just added one "/" at the end of my path declaration line. This made my program working and my ORION Library successfully created.

Once again thank you very much.

regards,

Mridula

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation