BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Kanyange
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi All,

I have run a macro and I get this error...'Failed to transcode data from U_UTF8_CE to U_LATIN9_CE' I am running Enterprise Guide 7.4.

What I found strange is I run the same code last week and didn't get any error.

Your help would be much appreciated.

Thank You

5 REPLIES 5
ballardw
Super User

Language encoding is data content. If you have a new or updated data source that would be the most likely source of this error.

Ksharp
Super User
Or you can change your sas session's encoding into UTF-8 and run code again.

Kanyange
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you all for your response...So how can  change sas session's encoding into UTF-8?

Kind Regards

Ksharp
Super User
First find out the SAS root directory:

%let path=%sysfunc(pathname(SASROOT));

%put &path ;

Then open  SASV9.CFG  under SAS root directory, change the following:

-CONFIG "C:\Program Files\SAS\SASFoundation\9.4\nls\zh\SASV9.CFG"

into 

-CONFIG "C:\Program Files\SAS\SASFoundation\9.4\nls\u8\SASV9.CFG"

ehbales
SAS Employee

If you change your SAS session encoding to UTF-8, SAS should be able to support the characters. However, some SAS string functions may ned to be changed to the K function equivalent. Many of the string functions, such as INDEX, SUBSTR, and LENGTH, are byte-oriented. The National Lanugage Support Reference Guide has a table documentin the I18N compatibility of each SAS function that handles character data.

It would be best to know what actually caused the transcoding error to occur. Do you have any output you can share?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation